Thursday, June 9, 2011

challenge day 19


For our challenge 18 we made glitter glue for painting- she has been loving these squeeze tubes essentially of sticky glitter but this was made with white glue, water, and a fine powdery glitter so it was best used with a paint brush and came out really soft and sparkly. I mixed up 2 colors as little miss S had a buddy over and they sat at our play table with a butcher roll of paper and went to town.. She didn't seem that thrilled by it but later when we brought it back out at while I was making dinner she got much more into it, so maybe it was the sharing factor or the distraction of having a playmate? Not sure. The real fun of this would be painting objects and we were too tired to go there this time but I was thinking we should try gathering shells or white rocks or something and paint them..

1 comment:

  1. oooh, glittery shells would be so beautiful, then you could string them and make a mobile or windchime or something. I have tons (I love collecting them, but haven't figured out what to do with them). maybe next time I'll have to bring some over and we'll try to get creative together! :)

    ReplyDelete