Monday, June 27, 2011

Challenge day 24


This project had an end result that was definitely more Me than S or H for that matter but we had a lot of fun working on this together I swear! I've been yearning to organize our book shelves by spine color (no really that is just the kind of person I am and I am okay with it..) so S and I sorted through all of the books in our three sets of shelves and grouped them by color. This was actually a really fun and unusual sorting game for her, plus she got really into looking at all the covers and asking me what the different books were about.. We went with the colors in our living area for our main focal case (red, cream, and black) and then left the shelves in the other rooms for the blues, greens, yellows, oranges and pinks. There was only a tiny little stack left over as multi-colored so we stuck those all together too. I would love to do this with the kids' books too but I think they have too many soft covers for it to work well.. Such a fun game and oh so tranquil on the shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment